Note that this itinerary includes Subway travel, available with our joint Subway & tour ticket. Glasgow is famous for its 90 parks and gardens, hence its name, which translates to ‘Dear Green Place’ in Gaelic. This itinerary takes in some of its most beautiful and historic parks as well as some well-placed attractions within them.
- Board the bus at our main stop (stop 1) in George Square.
- Hop off at Glasgow Green (stop 5) where you can stroll through Glasgow’s oldest public place as well as visit The People’s Palace and Winter Gardens to learn about the history of Glasgow and its people.
- Hop back on board until Kelvingrove Park (stop 13) where you can walk by the Kelvin River, enjoy some of the stunning Victorian architecture of the nearby Park Circus and pop in to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum or a nearby café for lunch.
Hop back on board to travel to Byres Road where the stunning Botanic Gardens are located just a short walk away. Explore the stunning Victorian greenhouses, including the Kibble Palace, before wandering back to Byres Road to the Hillhead Subway Station.
- With our joint Subway and tour ticket, you can then exchange your Subway voucher for a valid Subway ticket which will allow you to travel to Ibrox, the nearest Subway station to Bellahouston Park, home of House for an Art Lover.
- Set within the beautiful grounds of Bellahouston Park, House for an Art Lover is a fine example of Charles Rennie Mackintosh design and combines art gallery, exhibition space, café and shop to offer visitors a great experience.
- After spending time at House for an Art Lover, hop back on the Subway at Ibrox and head back to Hillhead Subway Station to rejoin the tour at Byres Road (stop 15) so you can enjoy the rest of the tour and return to our main stop at George Square (stop 1).
The People’s Palace and Winter Gardens, and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery are free to visit and opening times vary seasonally. All the parks are open to the public all year round and the Botanic Gardens Glasshouses (including Kibble Palace) are open daily from 10am to 6pm (4.15pm in winter). Opening times and admission prices for House for an Art Lover are available by visiting www.houseforanartlover.co.uk.