Terms & Conditions
Relating to the supply of the service to you (The Customer) by City Sightseeing Glasgow Ltd(‘The Company’), details of which are set out below.
Though the content of the website and the booking process are available in a variety of languages, tickets and confirmation emails are in English. Similarly, all communication from the Company and to the Company is required in English.
Customers purchasing tickets on www.citysightseeingglasgow.co.uk/westcoasttours.co.uk will have their tickets delivered to them by way of E-ticket. The Customer will need to print the E-ticket and bring the printed copy with them to present to a member of staff at the Customer's preferred boarding point. Tickets purchased through third party retailers must also present a printed voucher to the member of staff at their preferred boarding point.
The Customer should present their printed E-ticket to a uniformed member of staff at the preferred boarding point. The member of staff will exchange the E-ticket for a valid ticket To Travel.
Tickets to travel
The Customer should keep their ticket safe as replacements will not be issued. The Customer must show or purchase their ticket as they board on all journeys undertaken. The ticket remains the property of the company and must be produced for inspection and, if requested to do so, be surrendered upon demand to an authorised Company Official. The Customer will not be permitted to use any City Sightseeing Glasgow service without a valid ticket for the entire journey the Customer wishes to make.
A ticket or voucher that has been issued to you is evidence of a contract between you and the Company.
A ticket may only be used by the person for whom it has been bought. It cannot be resold or passed on to anyone else.
The ticket entitles the Customer to use all City Sightseeing Glasgow services during operational hours for 1 or 2 days depending on the Customers choice. 1 day tickets can be extended to 2 consecutive days upon purchase of an “upgrade ticket” which should be retained alongside the original 1 day ticket. Tickets do not guarantee travel on a specific service or at a specific time.
The Customer must keep their ticket safe. Customers found travelling without a valid ticket will be charged the full ticket price for a replacement ticket or required to leave the bus at the next stop.
Please check tickets at the time they are issued
When you buy a ticket, you should make sure that it is valid for the time period you requested and that the amount paid is printed on the ticket.
- Child tickets are available for Children aged from 5-15 years.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Children under 5 may travel for Free, if accompanied by a dedicated adult (1 adult :1 child) as long as the child does not occupy a seat to the exclusion of a fare-paying passenger.
Departure points and times
The Company endeavours to provide departure points and times for the service which are as accurate as possible. However, the Company reserves the right to vary such departure points and times without notice, as circumstances require.
The Company reserves the right to deviate from the route of a service in the event of marches, parades, or where reasonably prudent to do so in the light of circumstances beyond the Company’s control. At certain times we may be unable to operate our full route due to events in the city and updates in this respect will be posted to the "service updates" section of our website and on our social media channels.
Buses and Bus Safety
During busy times, seating cannot be guaranteed on either deck. Carriage on any particular departure, on either deck, will not be guaranteed due to the nature of our service.
The Company reserves the right to refuse access to travel on a particular departure should circumstances be deemed to compromise tour safety.
For safety reasons all Customers on the upper deck are required to remain seated while the bus is in motion.
Accident or Loss
Please take care of all personal property. The Company will not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, direct or consequential loss, however caused, unless due to negligence by the Company, in which case our liability is limited (except for death or personal injury) for damages to a maximum of the refund of the ticket price.
Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
Passengers are not permitted by law to take alcoholic drinks onto our buses for the purpose of consuming them on board, nor to drink such drinks on board nor to remain on the vehicle when in the opinion of the driver they are under the influence of alcohol.
Assistance dogs will be carried at all times. Other small dogs will be carried at the driver’s discretion, so long as the dog can travel under the seat. At no times must dogs be allowed to block the aisle of the bus, or sit on seats.
Passengers are not allowed to take onto our buses/tours any hot food e.g. chips, take-away meals etc. We will refuse access to any passenger with hot food.
Concessionary Travel Schemes
Our tours do not fall within the terms of Concessionary Travel Schemes for free bus travel.
Where a ticket is purchased from one of the Company’s Ticket Agents, any query, regarding the ticket purchase or refund request, must be referred to the Ticket Agent who sold the ticket.
We may at our discretion require any person to alight from a tour if we deem his/her conduct offensive or a nuisance to other passengers, or if behaving in such a way as to constitute a risk to his/her safety or to the safety of other passengers, and we shall have no further liability.
The Company does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by events beyond the control of the Company.
These conditions shall be construed and interpreted in accordance within the Law of Scotland and the Parties each submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Craig of Campbeltown is committed to developing long lasting relationships based on trust. Craig of Campbeltown will do everything in its power to ensure that your right to privacy is maintained and protected.
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.This policy applies to you if you purchase any of our products online or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information.
Who are ‘we’
When we say 'we' or 'us' in this policy, we're referring to the trading names within the Craig of Campbeltown Group who are all registered at Benmhor, Campbeltown PA28 6DN, excluding Borders Buses which is a limited company and wholly owned subsidiary of Craig of Campbeltown Ltd.
- West Coast Motors
- Glasgow Citybus
- Fairline Coaches
- West Coast Tours
- City Sightseeing Glasgow (incorporating City Sightseeing Bute, City Sightseeing Oban and City Sightseeing Borders)
- Kintyre Express
- Scotline Tours
- Borders Buses Ltd, Ramparts Business Park, North Road Industrial Estate, Berwick-up-Tweed, Northumberland TD15 1
- It also includes any other businesses we add to this group in the future.
What sorts of information do we hold
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, occupation, telephone number, email address and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, and so on);
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device's make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don't open them or don't click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services; and
- Information from other sources such as marketing and research companies and social media providers as well as information that is publicly available.
How do we use your information
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make available our Services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Send you reminders or follow-up emails;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis;
- Find ways to improve our Services and websites;
- Contact you about products and services from us;
- Provide you with online advertising;
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
Who might we share your information with
- The Craig of Campbeltown group of companies
- We may share your personal information with other Craig of Campbeltown Group Companies from time to time, so we can provide you with information on other relevant products.
- In some instances we work with partners and suppliers for our tour products but your information will be shared with them only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security! We only share information that allows them to work with us to provide our services to you. For example, on our West Coast Tours island products we have ferry and boat partners and they may require your details for operational reasons.
Other organisations and individuals:
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the police;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
Online sales partners:
Like many other e-commerce websites, we have partners who help us with our online sales.. These are;
Keeping you informed about our products and services:
We would like to tell you about the great offers, products and services of the Craig of Campbeltown Group from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We will only send you marketing messages if you have opted in to receive them. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences at any time, you can do so by contacting us at our Campbeltown head office in writing to Craig of Campbeltown, Benmhor, Campbeltown PA28 6DN or via email at email@example.com
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a 'Subject Access Request'. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Sharing your thoughts
When using one of our websites, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example when you 'like', 'share' or review our Services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks, their other users and/or Craig of Campbeltown Companies. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org By post: Data Protection Officer, Benmhor, Campbeltown PA28 6DN
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
Information about Cookies
Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
A session cookie is written the first time a user visits the site. The cookie will be updated on subsequent visits.
It is used internally by various modules/systems to improve efficiency and provide constant values throughout the your visit
Google also use 4 additional cookies within our website :
- Where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
- Each user’s amount of visits, and time of the first visit, previous visit and the current visit
- Checks approximately how long you stay on site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends
- Lastly they track the visitors movements around the site, so they change as each page is loaded
It is important to note that additionally, cookies may be written by 3rd party video providers (e.g. Vimeo) when that content is viewed.
No specific cookies are written when documents are downloaded or forms are submitted, but these actions are recorded by Google Analytics cookies.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access our website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.